Monday, October 22, 2012

Oops!

I've been just a tiny bit busy.
Since I last wrote, I've finished all 3 seasons of Community, started applying to colleges, decided that maybe I want to be a screenplay writer, and come up with an awesome idea for a Halloween costume that I won't share quite yet.

If I want to be a writer, I should probably write, right? So you can expect more from me now!
I don't have any followers at the moment, but my blog gets multiple views every time I post something, so there has to be someone reading these other than my best friend (hi, Rachel!). If you're that someone, I'd love to know!

I'm on my school's Academic Decathlon team, and part of Academic Decathlon competitions is giving impromptu speeches, so we've been practicing those lately. I have fairly significant stage fright, so, when I first started giving impromptus, I would just blank, and get nervous, which would make me pace, which would make the weak points I'd sometimes manage to stammer out even weaker by distracting my audience. Last weekend, however, I spent an hour or two responding to practice prompts, and now I am, if I may say so myself, a pretty good impromptu speaker. I spoke for the entire team last Monday and got a good number of laughs and compliments!
I've often thought, Hey. I could be an actor. I act things out by myself all the time (don't judge me; I can't drive and I don't live near anyone my age, so I'm alone a lot), and I normally do pretty well at it! There are a few problems with that idea, though. I have bad stage fright, and I've never really acted in public before. Maybe if someone told me I was a good actor, I'd have more confidence, and be able to act in public, but, because no one ever has, I can't. I've heard that some people, when they act, use their lack of confidence to help them get into another role, so they can forget about their self-doubts.

Wow, so, I started this post yesterday. Today, I was in a head-on collision with another car on my way to school. No real injuries, but this post's inspiration is just gone, at least temporarily. Maybe I'll finish it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment