Thursday, July 10, 2014

Failed Plans - part 2 (Summer Week 4)

So, I didn't do anything from last week's list of goals... But yesterday was my birthday, and I was visiting my boyfriend for three days, and, before that, I was lazy. I'm just going to go ahead and tell myself that not just the first two are good reasons, but that all of them are. Okay? Okay.

New Goals
  • Try making sorbet. I've been playing around with my mom's blender a lot lately, and I could have sworn I saw a recipe for peach sorbet that required just peaches, honey, and a blender...
  • Start studying for my driving test. After one or two years of putting off getting my license, I'm hoping to finally do it this summer. I'm aiming to take the permit test within the next two weeks, and then practice driving for at least a month before going back to get my license. Then, it's road trip time.
  • Actually do something creative. Beyond the occasional doodle and those ten portraits from week(s) one (and two), I haven't really done any of the artistic things I spent the last few weeks of school dreaming about. Maybe I'll paint a chair, or my desk. Maybe I'll plaster a map to a chair. Or my desk. Maybe I'll draw a huge, detailed portrait. Maybe I'll finally learn how to draw mouths.
Since the week's already begun, I'm leaving it at three relatively small goals, but I'm sure I'll still have trouble meeting them now that I've started to get really into Orange Is The New Black. If I keep having trouble streaming it for more than 4 seconds without lag, though, I might just end up doing more, or going back and meeting last week's goals, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment