Saturday, September 1, 2012

On wasting time

School's started, and I feel like I wasted my summer online, scrolling down and down and down for hours on countless tumblrs (especially tumblrs that have infinite scrolling; oh, god), rarely leaving my house, rarely being particularly social, rarely doing any of the plethora of things I'd planned to do during my summer. Have you read that first post I wrote, "How to enjoy your last bit of summer?" Yeah, I didn't do any of the things on that list... Oops.

Now, I feel like I'm wasting my weekends, and I'm determined not to. This weekend, I will either go to a river, or I will go ice skating. I will practice instruments I have not practiced for a while. I will really study for the tests I have on Tuesday. I will maybe go swimming. I will leave the house and do something every day of this three-day weekend, and I will hopefully follow through on these goals now that they're being posted to the internet, because the internet is permanent and serious business and who am I kidding I could easily just edit this post after the weekend's over and I've done nothing again, as usual, as always.

I can easily make excuses for why I wasted my summer. "I had to recover from such a difficult school year! I can't drive! I'm lazy!" While they're all actually pretty valid excuses, I should've forced myself to make more of the two months I have each year in which I'm not forced to sit inside all day. I should've done something with those two months other than, well, sit inside all day.

But I didn't. Hopefully my regretting wasting my summer will encourage me not to waste my weekends.

Do you feel satisfied with how you spend your free time? Is that too heavy of a question? What's your favorite color? Is that better?

No comments:

Post a Comment