Sunday, July 28, 2013

A strange sort of inspiration

This is a picture I took on a recent impromptu "camping" trip. It's not related to anything in this post: I just kinda like it.

I've been staying up long past midnight the last two nights, hit with sudden bursts of creativity (and admittedly some fear that someone's trying to break into the house, which is something that I deal with every time it gets late enough that I'm the only one in the house still up and about).

I've written four songs, done some typographical quotation artwork, started following maybe half a dozen new interior design blogs, and, today, started a screenplay for a short film*.

I also haven't left the house since Friday, though. I figure I should at some point before Wednesday, when I start my new job as a math tutor, and then head off the next day to see my best friend of 8 years for the first time in 7 years (!!!). I probably won't, though.


After finishing all of Buffy, I enjoyed not being in the middle of watching anything for a while, but, lately, I've been thinking I'd quite like to finish Dollhouse, and I've realized there are a few supposedly classic modern movies that I've never seen, so I've been compiling a mental list of things to watch. Let's make it not-so-mental, shall we?


Movies (and one show) I want to see/finish for the first time:
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Dead Poets Society
Dollhouse
Sophie's Choice
Schindler's List
Fight Club
The Sixth Sense
The Pianist
Melancholia
The Terminal Man
Capricorn One
The Andromeda Strain
Minority Report
The Corporation

Movies I want to rewatch:
Princess Mononoke
12 Monkeys
Blue Gold

Have any movie/show recommendations for me? Do we share to-watch movies? Also, have you heard this cover of "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Fleet Foxes?

*Writing a screenplay for a short film by the end of the summer is on my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment