Friday, July 5, 2013

My first follow-through


In my last post, I promised I'd post pictures of my popsicle-making attempt, and, lo-and-behold, here are those pictures! (I'm not done with the bag yet... I'll finish it someday soon! Hopefully...)

So, I used organic lemonade, frozen blueberries, and organic raspberries to make these. I poured in some lemonade first, and then added three or four (microwaved) frozen blueberries, and one or two (ripped-up, not whole) raspberries to the molds. That was not a good idea. Not knowing how much room the berries would take up, I had poured in too much lemonade, and it came pouring out of the molds onto the table when I tried to put the tops on. Whoops!




Look at that beauty! They look better than they taste, I've decided. I mean, don't get me wrong: they taste great! I just think they'd taste better without the raspberries. They added a sort of, erm, chewy quality to the popsicles that I didn't really love. The blueberries, meanwhile, were great, in my opinion, though they were a taste on their own, separate from the lemonade... I'd like to try making smoothie popsicles next (bananas, blueberries, and either milk or yogurt sound like they could combine to make good smoothie popsicles to me!).


Let me point out that I know that doing a review/how-to of these isn't really necessary, as making them is pretty straight-forward, but, hey, this is my first foray into the world of a) putting pictures in posts and b) talking about things I've made in a how-to-y manner in posts. More (and most complex) posts meeting those categories to come, though, I think!


Listening to: Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
Watching: Buffy the Vampire Slayer season six (just finished the season last night!)
Wanting: to be swimming or hiking
Looking forward to: going on a big road-trip on Sunday, and going to the fair tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment