Tuesday, July 16, 2013

The end

I just finished Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Like, finished finished. All 7 (televised) seasons. It was great, and it was sad, and the finale made me cry kind of a lot, and I'm sad that I got to the end of it (as well as a bit proud), and I don't know what else to say about it.

Wait, no, here's one thing: (BEWARE OF SPOILERS)





so, by the time it was explained that all potential skaters everywhere were given power, I was already crying, but that made me cry harder. The finale (and the entire show) was bursting with female power, and it was so sweet and empowering and I loved it. Joss Whedon is fantastic.

When once asked why he always wrote such strong female characters (Buffy, River, Willow, Zoe, Inara, Kaylee, etc), he replied, "Because I'm still being asked that question."


I will leave you with some pretty pictures from a lake I went to this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment